Tuesday 29 September 2015

wk 39 Crafting Challenge at Digi Choosday Use Something New


Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------<

It’s Digi Choosday and you know what that means, 
yes it’s DISCOUNT DAY!!!!
Your discount code for this week is:
CHOOSDAY
which will save you 
33% off all downloads 
when you spend over £2.25 for 24 hours only
*EXPIRES MIDNIGHT GMT 29/9/15

Just enter the code in the shop HERE

Now onto the new challenge from us here at Digi Choosday.
  
This week the challenge is
Something new.
That means we want you to use something that is new to you, it could be a new image you recently bought, a new paper pack, some new embellishments etc.

You can make anything you like, maybe a card, a scrapbook layout of even home décor. 
You can use any products you like to enter as long as it follows the theme for this week. We don’t have many rules but check them out in the side bar if you need to.

We give you two weeks to enter so that means the
CLOSING DATE IS 13th October 2015 
and the winners will be announced on 20th October 2015.

PRIZES:
The random winner (chosen by Random.org) will receive £5 worth of downloads of your choice from the digi store!

The winner and top 3 for week 36 can be found at the bottom of this post.

So let’s see what the design team have made for us. 
Lynda: For my 'something new' I decided to use the latest collection, Frosted Winter. it's totally gorgeous!! It's available on CD or as a instant download. The papers I used, the sentiment and the gingerbread man are just the tip of the iceberg of what you get in this bundle. Have Fun xx



Scatty Jan how much fun did I have making my sleigh. I used The Frosted Winter collection - I used the pre coloured sleigh to start and cut several times so it would be sturdy. And then made a center piece to join them together (this was the hardest bit as I kept cutting the wrong size) I decorated the sleigh with flowers, sprigs ,garland robin , presents etc all from the collection and adding some glitter here and there. I used pre coloured Octavia Frosted Fox, also available as a B/W digi here. I added the pre coloured deers (also available as a B/W digi here) adding some red sparkles to one nose . Finished off adding some sweeties to the sleigh which I stuck tiny presents too



Jane – Hi everyone!  My something new is, like the other ladies, the fab new OCTAVIA FROSTED WINTER bundle and my wreath is made from the gorgeous pre-coloured baubles and foliage that can be found in this collection.  My other new item is the tiny lilac bows that I just HAD to treat myself to!! J Have a lovely crafty day! xxx

Emma - For my Something New I have made a stepper card & for me this is a very new sort of card for me. I have used Octavia Frosted Spines & Octavia Wandering Star who can be found as individual digi's Here & Here. I have coloured both up using Copic's & I have used some of the new pens that I have recently bought. All of the papers & embellishments are from the New Frosted Winter Collection Here where you can also find both of the images I have used along with the Polar Bear.

Front
Inside


Julie -- New, new, and new!  Lots of "new" for me today.  Isn't new grand?!?  I'm using papers and an image from the newly released Autumn/Halloween collections at Polkadoodles.  The image is from the Autumn/Fall 2015 digi download bundle (mono).  The colored version is available here.  The papers are all from the Halloween/Autumn Paper Heaven 1 & 2 Digital Downloads.  The sentiment is from the Twiggy and Toots Digital Download or CD Rom Paper Crafting Collection.  I'm also using newly purchased dies, and NEW Lyra Rembrandt  Polycolor Pencils.

Anjie - I have used the new Spooky Dracula image and sentiments. I have coloured the image and background with my Graph'It Markers. I have put the image in a new picture frame I picked up last week. We are having a Halloween party at our house this year so this will go on the wall as part of the decorations.

Monica- For my carousel card, I used a new collection Picknix 3 Nordic Winter, all papers, digis and words and swirls cutting files I used are from that collection. I also used a new laminator machine and a technique: foiling digis. I love how this foiling digis turn out.




I’m back into the swing of crafting and creating since my holiday and this week have been playing with the ever so brand new Spooky Sentiments Bundle and the Halloween/Autumn Paper Heaven 1 Bundle  to make this week's card on a Halloween grungy theme.  Full details on my blog.


Audrey used a number of NEW items this time around.  First of all, my image Oddella Bow is new for me as I just got this image.  I colored her with my brand new pencils - not only have I not used these pencils before, I have never colored a full image with pencils before, so this was very new to me.  Finally, I made a new variation of a fold I have used in the past by altering the shape of the cut out in the middle.  Additional items used on my card are hearts from the Winston Deluxe Full Collection and the mushroom embellie is from Twiggy and Toots Digital Papercraft Collection and can also be found in the Twiggy and Toots Embellies Bundle.    Finally, my papers are from the girls papers found in the Work and Play 11 Digital Collection.


Aunty SueWell what else could I show you other than the amazing new CD Octivia Frosted Winter. How ever my new thing is the technique Altering this frame. I have used Chalk paint doing several layers and then rubbing Copper Gliding Wax on the raised edges to give a old feel. This was a very cheap white plastic frame. All this is to enhance this wonderful scene that I printed from the CD which you can purchase from the store HERE called Ice Queen & Unicorn. 

Wendy - For my pumpkin shaped card, I've used a pumpkin from the NEW Autumn 2015 collection, the image is the NEW Spooky Dracula and the small pumpkins and the sentiment are from the NEW 2015 Spooky Sentiments bundle.

Great makes from the DT I’m sure you will agree.


If you would like to join us as a GDT please join in our challenge and add GDT after your name on your entry. Then send us an email to digichoosday@yahoo.com

Add your entry using the linky tool below.

Now for the winner and top three from week 36 Shaped card

The winner chosen at random by www.random.org is:

# 9 Sarah-J W 

Please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW036001 to claim your prize of £5 worth of downloads from the digi store!
And in no particular order the top three chosen by the design team are:
# 3 Tiziana B 

Grab your blinkies from the side bar!
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx